Can anyone help!?

SwoopSwoop Posts: 680Member
I have no idea when it comes to effects and amps etc. I am learning Can't Stop by RHCP and I haven't got a clue what to set my v-amp to to make my geetar sound at least a little bit like the one on the song.

Can anyone help!?

Ta chucks

Comments

• Options
    Hi Swoopy, i'm not familiar with v-amp's but I can give you a rough idea and you can go from there.

Note: all of this is based on assumptions and how I hear the guitar on that song.

- Set it to british stack (or whatever the equivelent to a Marshall is)

- Keep the mids, his tone isn't overly mid scooped to my ears. The eq probably should be about 6/5/6 (low/mid/high)

- Try to adjust the gain so that you have a warm clean sound (just breaking up) for the verses and for that solo wack it right up and add lots of reverb.

-His guitar sounds like the bridge pickup on a strat of similar so use that on your G250 (if thats what your using) and see if it sounds best with or with out the hummer tapped.

And most importantly get used to mucking around with your presets.

OK, good luck, tell me if I helped in any shape or form :) .

[ 21 February 2003: Message edited by: Trevman ]
  • Options
    Don't you just love foreign languages?
  • SwoopSwoop Posts: 680Member
    Thanks Trevman!

I have got three presets now. One for the riff, one for the chorus and one for the riff at the end. I am using my footswitch for the first time! I am having fun.

By the way I am using my tele because I was nice enough to let my student borrow my cort (me thinks I am insane!). Sounds cool.

• Options
     Quote:
    Originally posted by Swoop:
    By the way I am using my tele because I was nice enough to let my student borrow my cort (me thinks I am insane!). Sounds cool.

hope your student dosent get any ideas about how much better a setup he could give your cort......

David
  • Options
    No problem Swoop, glad you understood my foreign language ;).