The power adaptor for my POD2

nadnad Posts: 1,983Member
Hey,

Is it okay to leave the power adaptor for my POD2 overnight even though it isn't in use?

I left it plugged in, but turned off, and the adaptor's warm, like its been in use. Does this mean that it's gonna be sucking up electricity (and effectively money) as well as ruining the adaptor?

Ta

Comments

• Options
    Someone correct me if i'm wrong here but I think you're supposed to unplug all power adapters when not in use, probably becasue some cheap nasty ones get hot and could casue a fire. I never do though, too much hassle and crawling around on the floor.

Maybe some electrical appliance master can shed some light on this?
  • Options
    well the TV in my computer room is 15 years old and that has never had any problems with the plug and its always left in at night, with the power on so i dont think you should have any problems, nad.
  • nadnad Posts: 1,983Member
     Quote:
    Originally posted by mupps:
    well the TV in my computer room is 15 years old and that has never had any problems with the plug and its always left in at night, with the power on so i dont think you should have any problems, nad.

Tv's and the sort don't have the power unit built into the plug though, thats inside the tv, its the same with most everyday household things,

I'm talking about things with the big chunky adaptor bits which you plug into the wall. \:\)
  • Options
    well i have a sega game gear (the ORIGINAL colour hand held console) and that used to be always plugged in and that is ok now.
  • Options
    I hope it doesn't do any harm...otherwise, I'm screwed. Bugger.
  • Options
    screwed with what chris?
  • Options
    I wouldn't worry about anything catching fire :-) the consumer board (that white thing on the wall where your electricity supply comes into the house) is there to protect you.. and very rarely they go wrong.. so if there is a fault, the circuit breakers kick in.. and believe me, they are sensitive enough to avoid any electrical problems / fires. Each electrical appliance also has its own fuse to avoid damage to the equipment itself. So that fuse goes before the circuit breaker usually. I think everyone leaves those adaptors on.. and they do use electricity.. but not that not much.
    Same with leaving TVs on standby.. don't worry about it. :-)

Your POD2 is off, but the adaptor will still ticks over.
  • Options
     Quote:
    Originally posted by mupps:
    screwed with what chris?

Well I haven't unplugged my Marshall or the FX power supply since I got em...oops...