Which switch position selects which pickup?

Little SevLittle Sev Posts: 191Member
Hi,
My Cort M200 has 2 humbuckers and a three-position selector switch, I really like the sound of the guitar when the selector is in the down position but I have no idea which pickup is selected.

Does anybody know which switch position selects which pickup? It would be nice to know.

Cheers
Keith.

Comments

• LooseMooseLooseMoose Posts: 1,716Member
     Quote:
    Originally posted by Little Sev:
    Hi,
    My Cort M200 has 2 humbuckers and a three-position selector switch, I really like the sound of the guitar when the selector is in the down position but I have no idea which pickup is selected.

Does anybody know which switch position selects which pickup? It would be nice to know.

Cheers
    Keith.

I would expect Down to be the bridge pickup (the one nearest the bridge), middle to be both and up to be neck.

But who knows? As a wolfie owner i'm not qualified to comment on the orientation of other people's switches! \:D

Cheers,
    James
  • Options
    I second Mooseh's diagnosis, you might be able to tell by listening to the difference in sounds. The bridge pickup should sound sharper and more cutting, where as the neck should be rounder and bassier sounding.
  • Options
    one way t check for sure is to take something metal (like a keyring or something) and tap the polepieces (metal bits) on the pickup while the amp is on, if you can hear a taping sound then the pickups on

but id be pretty sure that down (away from the neck) is the pickup nearest the bridge and up (nearest the neck) is the neck pickup with the middle selector being both

David
  • Little SevLittle Sev Posts: 191Member
    Thanks guys, that all seems to tally with what I have found. With the switch in the down position the sound is much sharper and louder, the top and middle positions are softer and more rounded, I just didn’t realise what sound to expect from each pickup.

Cheers,
    Keith.