Crafter se-33p pre ampdoes not work

crymlyncrymlyn Posts: 0Member
Hi I have a crafter se-33p electro acoustic but the shadow pre ampdoes not work. I fitted a new battery but the red on light is not onand I tried it on my amp in case the led was faulty but to no availany ideas guys please 

Comments

• JockoJocko Posts: 7,107Member, Moderator

Normally inserting the jack plug makes a switch which powers up the pre-amp.  Could be that which is playing up.

• crymlyncrymlyn Posts: 0Member

Hi thanks I will have a look at that tomorrow as I am not at home at

the moment,can you tell me the location of the switch please

Thanks DavidDavid

It is part of the jack socket, like this one here.

Fishman Switchjack Endpin Jack

You would probably have to remove it through the sound hole, before spraying with switch cleaner and repeatedly inserting and removing the jack plug.

Thanks again will try to pick up some switch cleaner tommorow

David 

• Reg SoxReg Sox Posts: 3,121Member

Some models of preamp have the wires from either or both the jack plug and the pick up terminated in plugs which plug into the preamp.

Might be worth checking that the wire from the jack plug (that contains the on/off switching mechanism Jocko referred to above) has not come loose or unplugged.  You'll have to get your hand in through the soundhole so you'll need to loosen the strings off.  A small mirror is useful for inspection purposes so you can see what's what inside, especially to check whether there is a plug or whether it's hardwired before starting.

Cheers, Reg.

Thanks reg 

Originally Posted by Jocko:

It is part of the jack socket, like this one here.

Fishman Switchjack Endpin Jack

You would probably have to remove it through the sound hole, before spraying with switch cleaner and repeatedly inserting and removing the jack plug.

Yes when I insert the jack plug the batt light flickers so off to get some switch cleaner. Thanks jocko and reg for your help

Have tried the switch cleaner but still light flickers as jack plug inserted,have 

put the plug in several times so have sent for a new one. It is not the socket

illustrated but is a shorter one with 3 screws in the end plate. Should be easy to fit. The wires pull out of the body of the guitar and are encased in a rubber sleeve so planning to cut this sleeve and reinsert socket. 

Sounds like a good plan.

Fingers crossed.