Bit of a book I made

Pete_BPete_B Posts: 562Member
There is no Mojo!

Comments

• ESBlondeESBlonde Posts: 939Member
    That's a handy booklet there. Takes me back to my beginner days and would have been useful over the years for those 'round the campfire' moments all guitarists get sucked into.
    Well done.
  • Kevin PeatKevin Peat Posts: 3,174Member
    You haven't seen the In Betweeners film then, ES. (Campsite guitar) After that I've never taken a guitar camping again.

• Kevin PeatKevin Peat Posts: 3,174Member
    Like the book btw !
  • JockoJocko Posts: 7,073Member, Moderator
    Great book.
  • ESBlondeESBlonde Posts: 939Member
    Ha Ha, no Kevin I'd not seen the inbetweeners. That is funny though.

I was using it more as a metaphore for those occasions when you visit someones house/party and there is a guitar in the room. Someone always says - "Yeah, Kevin can play guitar, give us a tune Kevin, come on Kevin."
    But having recognisable tunes and more particularly something 'charty' for the drunks to sing along too is a big plus, unless you have a bandaged hand or can fake a sprained wrist. You know the story, fill in the blanks.

My excuse was usually "I'm too drunk to play" and "I can't remeber anything".
  • nicholaspaulnicholaspaul Posts: 953Member
    When they start calling "Yeah, Kevin can play guitar, give us a tune Kevin, come on Kevin." I usually just say “My names Nick.” It doesn’t get me out of it, though, so I have to think of something.
    Today my wife asked me to play something so I sat at the piano and played Piano Man (she is a big Billy Joel fan, and I’m the complete opposite ). She couldn’t believe I’d never played it before. I don’t even own the record. But it’s all about impressing your significant other, really. Stuff everyone else!