Time to say goodbye

No, I'm not leaving the forum. I'm just posting my attempt at putting this tune to guitar. I've mixed feeling about it. Feel free to drop your thoughts on this arrangement

Comments

• DaveBassDaveBass Posts: 3,328Member
    I've never heard the original, so I can't judge how true this arrangement is, but it sounds good to me.

My only negative comment is that the first few bars seem a bit dirge-like with chords on the lower four strings and some muddy bass F#s. Once it gets going, after about 0:15, it's fine. Excellently played. :smile:
  • MarkbluesMarkblues Posts: 134Member
    Thanks Dave, yeah, I did wonder about playing those notes against each other. I guess, that it does't grab your attention at the start because of it. Thanks for the feedback. Its funny as when you hear what you were thinking all along come from someone else, it means I should have paid more attention and not ignored it. Cheers for the feedback
  • Kevin PeatKevin Peat Posts: 3,232Member
    edited July 2020
    Wonderful as usual. You have the touch. You da man !
    Cheers Kevin. Got a new project underway. Completely uncommercial that I'm looking forward to posting in a few months. It's not easy this guitar playing thing is it? :)
  • nicholaspaulnicholaspaul Posts: 1,005Member
    I thought the whole piece sounded great. The pauses create some anticipation that help propel the peace and keep your interest. Nicely done.
    Cheers Nicholas, I always think space is everything...As long as the notes eventually do come in before you fall asleep