It's gonna be on television soon

LooseMooseLooseMoose Posts: 1,716Member
edited April 2017 in Totally Not Guitars
Apparently it's gonna be on television soon, so what's yours?

1. Rising Damp
2. Red Dwarf (pre-Kochanski)
3. I'm Alan Partridge

But that is JUST so hard to decide - Honourable mentions must go to:

Fast Show (at the time) / League of Gentlemen / Blackadder / Morcambe and Wise / Porridge / Dad's Army / The Good Life / Bottom / The Young Ones / Yes Minister and SO many more that temporarily leave my mind...

Cheers,
James

Comments

• Options
    The Simpsons has to be there. Other then that I don't know, depends on my mood. I like The Fast Show, Black Adder, Old Harry Enfield, Larry Sanders, Father Ted, South Park, The Office, Peter Kays Pheonix Nights, Bo Selecta, The Phil Silvers Show, Fawlty Towers, etc, etc, etc..........
  • Options
    1. Tommy Cooper
    2. Red Dwarf
    3. Billy Connely
  • Options
    Ooooh nice question \:\)

In no particular order:

The Comic Strip presents
    Monty Python
    Vic and Bob's Big Night Out

Honourable mentions to Black Adder, The Young Ones, Fry and Laurie, Absolutely, Desmonds and A Very Perculiar Practise \:\)
  • Options
    my three would probably have to be.

1.Open All Hours
    2.Black Adder
    3.Monty Python

Oh i almost forgot Red Dwarf as well even though i'm only allowed three.

[ 08 January 2004: Message edited by: 24th fret ]
  • Options
    Have to post again as I left out so many.

League of Gentlemen, Black Books, Seinfeld, Two Ronnies, Morcambe and Wise, Vic Reeves Big Night Out.

And of course the "quiz" and "talk" show comedies, Have I Got News for You, Room 101, Never Mind the Buzzcocks, Friday Night With Jonathan Ross, Shooting Stars.

Oh, plus anything with Tommy Tiernan or Johnny Vegas.
  • Options
    I also have to Hdd Harry enfield and Chums, The Fast Show, Chewin' The Fat, Faulty Towers, Monty Python, Saturday Night Live, The Detectives, Mr Bean, Black Adder, Late show with David Letterman, My Family, The Simpsons, South Park, Happy Tree Friends, and many many many many many more

[ 08 January 2004: Message edited by: MacPhee84 ]
  • Options
    Currently :

Blackadder
    Red Dwarf
    Spaced

But could change to include any of:
    Only Fools and Horses, Black Books, Game On & Coupling.
  • Options
    Only 3? This is gonna be hard. So, in no particular order, I'd have to say...

Fawlty Towers
    Father Ted
    Will & Grace (honestly!)

But I regret having to leave off Blackadder, The Young Ones, Red Dwarf, Dad's Army, Futurama and many others.
  • LooseMooseLooseMoose Posts: 1,716Member
    FATHER TED! Of Course!

Damn, that's gotta make my top three some how...

Cheers,
    James
  • Options
    Pre-Kochanski Red Dwarf
    Father Ted
    Fawlty Towers

Blackadder would be there, but some series werent as good as others. Honourable mentions to Monty Python, Frasier before it got stale, cheers & prolly a ton of others I've forgotten. Only fools & Horses had some crackers \:D
  • Options
    Black Adders getting alot of mentions but not making the list, prob cause as ONEN said some series where better then others.Simpsons not getting the praise I would have expected for a show that tops almost every poll.

As a sub question for Black Adder fans, rate the 4 series in your order of preference.

Mine would probably be:
    1) Black Adder The Third
    2) Black Adder II
    3) The Black Adder
    3) Black Adder Goes Forth

Though I like them all.

[ 08 January 2004: Message edited by: martel ]
  • pakamakpakamak Posts: 153Member
    mine are

1 the day today
    2 red dwarf (early series')
    3 monty python (any)

my honourable mentions go to blackadder, all series in no particular order, all good (except that pants christmas time travelling spercial thing), the fast show, and french and saunders when they do the film sketches

[ 08 January 2004: Message edited by: pakamak ]
  • Options
     Quote:
    Originally posted by martel:
    Simpsons not getting the praise I would have expected for a show that tops almost every poll.

Yeah, and John Lennon's "Imagine" tops every "best song" poll. :p

But seriously, the Simpsons started off being rather unfunny, then got really good, then turned into a horrible mess obsessed with useless political digs and celebrity appearances*. Besides, BBC2 have repeated so many of the good episodes far too many times for them to be interesting anymore.

*At least when they mock Nixon in Futurama it's funny, well-observed, well thought-out and well-scripted.
  • Options
    I take your point about Imagine, man I hate that song.

I suppose Simpsons seems more impressive to me cause:
    1) I moved to the country (where there is no Sky and therefore no new Simpsons) just before most fans agreed the series had lost it.
    2) I grew up with it. The subject matter changed pretty much in line with my own growth. It started off mainly about Bart (water balloon fights, first crush etc) and then became more Homer and satire based as I grew older.

As for Futurama, I've yet to see a single episode of that which was more then moderately funny.

[ 08 January 2004: Message edited by: martel ]
  • Options
    The Simpsons
    Fawlty Towers
    Shooting Stars

It doth pain me to omit the following: Blackadder, Fraiser, Friends, South Park, Red Dwarf (the series in the middle; not the often unfunny, overrated, cheap early shows. Nor the overbudgeted rubbish last couple of series, especially the prison one. Bit like the Simpsons in that way :p), League Of Gentlemen, Black Books, Fast Show, The Office, Father Ted, Bang Bang It's Reeves and Mortimer, Family Guy, Futurama, Monty Python
  • Options
    The fall and rise of Reginald Perrin
    M*A*S*H
    Black books
  • AzztozAzztoz Posts: 573Member
    Personally, at the moment:

1. The League Of Gentlemen
    2. Little Britain
    3. Red Dwarf
  • Options
    Mine....

Vic Reeves Big Night Out
    The Smell of Reeves and Mortimer
    Bang Bang, It's Reeves and Mortimer

Those two are the funniest blokes EVER. An honorable mention must go to The Simpsons, Bo Selecta! and Phoenix Nights though.....but for me Reeves and Mortimer win hands down every time.

Andy
  • Options
    1. Monty Python
    2. Blackadder
    3. Fawlty Towers
  • Options
    Fawlty Towers
    Fast Show
    Father Ted
  • Andy VarneyAndy Varney Posts: 882Member
    Fawlty Towers
    Alistar McGowans big impression
    Simpsons

• Options
    1. Bottom
    2. Only Fools n Horses
    3. Fawlty Towers
  • Options
    Faulty Towers
    Friends
    The Office

.....in like most of the others ppl av mentioned....porrige, my family, harry enfield and chums, the fast show, bottom, the young ones, black adder, not the nine o clock news, one foot in the grave , only fools, the simpsons...etc etc....altho i never realyl found red dwraf that funny

nat \:D
  • Options
    Phoenix Nights
    The Simpsons
    Only Fools and Horses
  • Options
    As yet unmentioned Family Guy has to be one of the BEST animated comidies. Better than the simpsons in some ways but was never gunna last as long. Good thing there were only 3 series so it couldnt go wrong at the end.

Other comedy....ummm...well the office is just not funny so i dunno wat thats doing here. Chewin the fat gets another mention. Dads army is amazing i love UK gold. \:D

dave
  • Little SevLittle Sev Posts: 191Member
    Only Fools and Horses

Steptoe & son

Porridge

But this could change

And the worst must be the Simpson’s, haven’t managed to watch a full episode yet. But I guess that’s another thread.

Keith.
  • Options
    I can't pick top three, and also Simpsons is still really good. It's clever anf funny and just cool.

But, my favourite are

Simpsons
    South Park
    Family Guy
    Peepshow

many many more...

too many to mention.

Oh yea Fast Show obviously - i don't think anything has ever made me laugh harder than channel 9.

"QUASIBONKO!!!"
  • Options
    Definetly has to be:

Father Ted! - Series 3 is so unbelievably funny, i just wish they could have done more \:\(

Friends
    Only Fools & Horses
    Open All Hours

Lee
  • Options
    blackadder esp epi's with queenie in, she's classic!
    only fools n horses/simpsons
    father ted

used to be red dwarf too but not so mcuh any more
  • Options
    Red Dwarf
    and the Fast Show
    are the two greatest shows in my opinion, not sure about the third, possibly Monty Python, though i havent seen the tv shows, only the films

David