possible meetup

OzzukOzzuk Posts: 942Member
edited April 2017 in Totally Not Guitars
me and mike(24th fret) were talking on msn, adn were talking about a possible meetup, the only trouble we have is where it will be, most people cant get here others there so.

We need to all decide to find a place thats in the exact dead center of everyone adn go there.

Some people may not be able to go for work etc, but there are plenty of people who id like to meet???

and basically who's interested?

I have had some thought on the place of the meetup.

cheers, owain

[ 02 May 2004: Message edited by: ozzuk1 ]

Comments

  • Options
    This summer i'd like to meet up with one or two of the female members for a cup of coffee. :p I'd only get on peoples nerves, so i'm out. ;\)
  • OzzukOzzuk Posts: 942Member
    I doubt your that annoying mate, wish more people were around here!

    cheers, owain
  • Options
    I think we should meet up somewhere in the Midlands that's easily accesible by any form of transport, is relativley cheap and large yet not too large.....I know, NORTHAMPTON!

    Andy!
  • Options
    A place located in the middle of the country? Regent Guitars! Doesn't it kind of make sense to have it there, and have a day of forumites sitting around trying guitars, jamming a little maybe?
  • OzzukOzzuk Posts: 942Member
    thats what I was thinking, I know id be willing to go there, but soem may not be able to.

    cheers, owain
  • Options
     Quote:
    Originally posted by Whillow:
    A place located in the middle of the country? Regent Guitars! Doesn't it kind of make sense to have it there, and have a day of forumites sitting around trying guitars, jamming a little maybe?


    or an afternoon of forumites bugging the staff in rg to let them play with all the guitars \:D

    and yet again bugger my living in aberdeen for making me far far away form the meetup

    David
  • Options
    I'd be up for it even though I'm probably not all that well known to all of you \:\)
  • tgfmtgfm Posts: 865Member
    id be up for it, depending on location and costs \:\)

    tim \:D
  • Options
    Me to obviously \:D I could probably catch a train up to Regents.
    \:\)

    [ 02 May 2004: Message edited by: 24th fret ]
  • OzzukOzzuk Posts: 942Member
    ok and any forumites are welcome shame some of the older ones arent interested, and it may be at regents possibly tim.
  • Options
    well... i've hired a bouncy castle for the 19th of june (day b4 my 18th, as 21st is a maths exam) and i intend on having alot of beer. Shame i live so far south and east really.
  • Options
     Quote:
    Originally posted by mupps:
    I think we should meet up somewhere in the Midlands that's easily accesible by any form of transport, is relativley cheap and large yet not too large.....I know, NORTHAMPTON!

    Andy!


    Jolly good idea
  • Andy VarneyAndy Varney Posts: 882Member
    As before - tell me when and where and I'll tell you if I can come or not.

    Andy
  • Options
    ^^ ^ What he said \:\)
  • pakamakpakamak Posts: 153Member
    another vote for northampton

    plenty of pubs - pennywhistle, racehorse, billy being the 3 best
  • OzzukOzzuk Posts: 942Member
    well it'd have to be after my school finishes on the 16th of july dont know why they are making us go back to do some A2 work I dont even want to go back next year.

    Anyway I think going to RG is a good idea provided rich will let us in or whatever, well it is their forum isnt it.

    And I want to get a JEM from them possibly.

    now to practise like mad to deserve one.

    cheers, owain
  • Options
     Quote:
    Originally posted by ozzuk1:
    And I want to get a JEM from them possibly.

    now to practise like mad to deserve one.

    cheers, owain


    my mate just got the white jem with the spangly scrath plate, and yea its pretty, but i mean, it isnt all that. I would pick my maverick species 2 over one of them any day, hell, there are a load of more interesting looking, less gaudy guitars around that sound nicer.

    I wasnt particularly impressed with the trem either, looked a bit tackey in gold, and wasnt particularly stable even after a setup, though I have a feeling that the poor lad wasn't very good at tuning it in the first place.

    [ 04 May 2004: Message edited by: Minto ]
  • Options
     Quote:
    Originally posted by Minto:


    my mate just got the white jem with the spangly scrath plate, and yea its pretty, but i mean, it isnt all that. I would pick my maverick species 2 over one of them any day, hell, there are a load of more interesting looking, less gaudy guitars around that sound nicer.

    I wasnt particularly impressed with the trem either, looked a bit tackey in gold, and wasnt particularly stable even after a setup, though I have a feeling that the poor lad wasn't very good at tuning it in the first place.

    [ 04 May 2004: Message edited by: Minto ]


    Is this yours?
    \:D
  • Options
    Wherever it is is going to be a bugger for me to come to really. I also don't travel too well when I've had alcohol ;\)

    Andy
  • OzzukOzzuk Posts: 942Member
    what about Regents?

    I think it's a good idea, maybe we can book a b&b or summit cheap.
Sign In or Register to comment.