Forum widgets

Richards GuitarsRichards Guitars Posts: 589Member, Administrator
edited August 2016 in Forum Announcements
Hi guys! I have just reformated the front page and the forum widgets now we have a little more content to do so. I have put much more focus on the forums listed within the site on the front page and snippets to the videos etc. What is it going to take to get you guys to upload yourselves playing?!!! Someone has to be the first - Come on - I think everyone is worried about being critiqued?  SURELY you have some stuff you can upload?  I am fascinated to hear peoples musical tastes and it was one of the primary reasons for setting up the new format. Once the videos and audios start coming in it will break the ice and more will follow but we need to get some content up.. Maybe I have to come up with the theme first and hope you will add stuff?  But I would rather get some stuff uploaded from you first so I can come up with some ideas how to format an idea around them? If you had a song you have recorded, a blues lick recorded on your pc - ANYTHING.  ONE phrase would be perfect! Come on guys - anyway - let me know if you are happy with how I am formatting the site.

Comments

• JockoJocko Posts: 7,107Member, Moderator

There are those that post videos, and those, like me who never will.  Took me all my time to stick a sound clip on Soundcloud.

• dharma66dharma66 Posts: 829Member

Once I know a song well enough to play right through, I'll post it, honest

although why why my shiny new jazzer arrives tomorrow, I might have the bottle to post something of me attempting some of megi's jazz stuff...

Oh, and the new front page looks great!

• MegiMegi Posts: 7,206Member
    Originally Posted by dharma66:

Once I know a song well enough to play right through, I'll post it, honest

although why why my shiny new jazzer arrives tomorrow, I might have the bottle to post something of me attempting some of megi's jazz stuff...

Oh, and the new front page looks great!

I might have the bottle to post me attempting some of Megi's jazz stuff at some point too lol.

• GilbyGilby Posts: 87Member
    I lack the technology Richard. (Not that I think anyone would want to hear me murder stones, early Aerosmith and the like).
    My sole means of Internet access is my iphone and 3G. Life on a narrowboat has it's limitations, no internet, phone lines, unlimited electrickery.
  • Pete_BPete_B Posts: 563Member

Prefer the version with the latest posts on it

There is no Mojo!
  • AlidoreAlidore Posts: 528Member

Prefer the version with the latest posts on it

Pete.

“There are 10 kinds of people in the world: those who understand binary, and those who don't.”
  • StuartSStuartS Posts: 167Member
    Regarding the video, I am sure I could put something up that I have been working on, although it would probably sound awful and be full of mistakes. 

One thing I did notice about avatar  and picture uploads (I assume the same goes for video) is it requires flash.   Very few mobile devices support this and I rarely find my self sitting at a computer once I get home.  I am more than happy to upload content, but is there any way to make this possible from mobile devices without flash?
  • Brian LurcherBrian Lurcher Posts: 15Member

First impressions here are that it is a pretty site, well thought-out and slick. My old eyes are struggling a bit with the brown text but I'll get used to it. Similarly, checking through recent posts came as a bit different, being post-based rather than topic-based, but it works.

On the video/audio side, don't expect anything from me for a while. I don't do much of that at any time and I have a project on the go that I can't share at this time. It involves writing and recording a full album so its very time-consuming.

• JockoJocko Posts: 7,107Member, Moderator
    Originally Posted by Brian Lurcher:

It involves writing and recording a full album 

Now that sounds like an exciting prospect.

• dharma66dharma66 Posts: 829Member

The more I hang out here, the more I like it.

I keep finding new stuff, and it's all great.

• Richards GuitarsRichards Guitars Posts: 589Member, Administrator
    Originally Posted by dharma66:

The more I hang out here, the more I like it.

I keep finding new stuff, and it's all great.

Wicked!