Do you have a guitar made in your birth year?

StubblehoundStubblehound Posts: 106Member
edited September 2016 in Guitar Chat
When I was a watch collector (very addictive) almost everyone on the forum I visited had a watch that was made in their birth year. Do you have a guitar that was made in your birth year?

Comments

• dharma66dharma66 Posts: 829Member

I wish!

There are quite a few guys over on the My Les Paul forum who have guitars made on the day they were born!

• StubblehoundStubblehound Posts: 106Member

I'm not that far behind you at 1972. Gibson ES-325 would be nice.

• BuzzwagonBuzzwagon Posts: 143Member

I wish. A 1962 Tele would be lovely Alas it'll never happen

Jerry

• rnbacademy.comrnbacademy.com Posts: 169Member

I do.  A couple years back I acquired a Gibson Parlor guitar from my birth year.  I'm 45.

Totally happenstance, but it's pretty cool.

rnbacademy.com

• ESBlondeESBlonde Posts: 968Member

If anyone would like to donate to me a guitar from the year of my Birth I'd be well made up like!

So a first year '1958' ES335, or Sunburst LP or even  a strat or tele wouldn't be unwelcome. 

The strat I do have is twice the average age of my two teenage boys! 

Sometimes I wonder why age is important in a guitar, of course it isn't but the better examples rise to the top over time.

• SmartySmarty Posts: 403Member
    Ah - a fellow watch collector! I don't have a guitar in my birth year, but one of my Andersons was built within two days of my daughter being born......does that count?
  • Brian LurcherBrian Lurcher Posts: 15Member

1950. Are you kidding? What would I do with a Broadcaster? I suppose I'd have to settle for a Gibson ES-175.

• dharma66dharma66 Posts: 829Member

Or an L5 or ES400...

So long as you are prepared to 'settle' for five to ten grands worth of guitar image

• JockoJocko Posts: 7,107Member, Moderator

I think I would have to settle for a lute.