I'm a young designer witch

NtoNto Posts: 1Member
edited August 2016 in Guitar Chat
Hello there ,I'm a young designer witch are developing a collection of pedals, i want ask witch shape of pedal is more ergonomic and comfortable or witch one you prefere and why.
Thanks and greetings.

Comments

• Ninja_RebornNinja_Reborn Posts: 124Member

Power jacks at the top not on the sides - I can't stand that about MXR pedals.

Other than that a square box with knobs on is fine,

• Reg SoxReg Sox Posts: 3,121Member

Start with a pedal board that's a bus for signals and power.

Offers a choice of outputs for studio or live work.

Maybe with different sections for different types of effect.

Pedals plug straight into the board negating cabling between pedals.

Noise suppression/signal reinforcement is part of the pedal board bus (including non-leaking/attenuating bypass).

Then make it an industry standard (including pedal form factor) so that pedals from different manufacturers can be plugged in.

The bus can be switchable to multiple outputs to connect to PA, and/or multiple amps, from different sections of the board.

All built into a flight case.  Connect power, input and output cables and away you go.

The board itself could come in different versions (number of pedals supported, number of switching options etc) and could at the top end even be utilised and controlled by recording set-ups for applying effects to clean recorded guitars.  This would suit a range of pockets allowing upgrades of the board without losing the investment in the pedals.

There you go

Cheers, Reg.

• martinsmith99martinsmith99 Posts: 375Member

My only criteria is to make them no bigger than necessary, have true bypass and keep the knobs away from the footswitch.

• Kevin PeatKevin Peat Posts: 3,185Member

Mooer Audio Slow Engine Auto Swell Pedal

This shape is popular. It certainly appeals to me. The small size has been achieved by use of an outboard electrical transformer rather than a battery housing within the case. 

I like the foot button rather than a rocker type switch. 

If you could make one that runs on a smaller battery than the Boss style pedal, keeping its size without the transformer then I think it would be popular. 

BTW Donner does a range of well regarded true bypass pedals the same size as the Mooer at around £20 a piece (half the price), so competition is keen. 

Definitely use a robust metal case sprayed with nice - collectable - colours and with good names for each pedal.