Music retailer offers online

MegiMegi Posts: 7,207Member
edited August 2016 in Totally Not Guitars
Anyone tempted by anything? I admit I quite enjoy browsing through the various music retailer offers online - I'm currently going through Andertons sale at the mo, and will then have a look at a few of the others. Almost certainly won't buy anything though...

Comments

• JockoJocko Posts: 7,107Member, Moderator

Not me. I have to actually go shopping today, but luckily it is to Asda who are not doing BF promotions. Good thing is, they are well away from other retail parks.

• MegiMegi Posts: 7,207Member
    Originally Posted by Jocko:

Not me. I have to actually go shopping today, but luckily it is to Asda who are not doing BF promotions. Good thing is, they are well away from other retail parks.

Ah well, happy shopping anyhow Jocko. image

• Derek_RDerek_R Posts: 1,721Member

Not me. I've actually started a little notebook listing things I was about to buy and reasons why I don't need them. Saved myself a fortune :-)

Originally Posted by Derek_R:

Not me. I've actually started a little notebook listing things I was about to buy and reasons why I don't need them. Saved myself a fortune :-)

Having saved all that money, you'll be able to treat yourself to something nice Derek... image

• Derek_RDerek_R Posts: 1,721Member

Heh. If only it worked that way, Megi.

• Reg SoxReg Sox Posts: 3,121Member

I'm not American.  It's not the day after Turkey day for me.  I refuse to give my money to any retailer that cynically jumps on the US Black Friday bandwagon in the UK.  I made a list last year and have pretty much kept to it.

Edit, just come back in this post and removed the automated "Black Friday" link wherever it went as well.  And I'll come back in straight away and edit the automatic link that'll inevitably appear in the previous sentence as well!

• Ninja_RebornNinja_Reborn Posts: 124Member

I've got to buy some paint and a couple of brushes on the way home, not sure of there are any offers on, but I'm going "tooled up" just in case.

• Mark PMark P Posts: 2,314Member
    Originally Posted by Megi:

Almost certainly won't buy anything though...

It rather depends on finding anything worth buying even at the reduced price. Any links to BF sales I've looked at seem to be at least 99.9% just dross getting sold off.

I see we've now got the sale extended to Thursday and Saturday in a load of places this year. No escape from all those junk e-mails.

Originally Posted by Mark P:
    Originally Posted by Megi:

Almost certainly won't buy anything though...

It rather depends on finding anything worth buying even at the reduced price. Any links to BF sales I've looked at seem to be at least 99.9% just dross getting sold off.

I see we've now got the sale extended to Thursday and Saturday in a load of places this year. No escape from all those junk e-mails.

Amazon had Sennheiser HD598 headphones on offer at £75 (normally best part of £200) - I admit that one tempted me, as I like my music listening. But What HiFi only gives them 3 stars, and said they sound a bit "Horlicks" so I was able to resist... image

I don't seem to be getting too many junk e-mails, for some strange reason - certainly can't be because I haven't bought much online before. It'll all be over in a day or two anyhow, at least until the next "unmissable" sale event of course... image

• Screaming DaveScreaming Dave Posts: 799Member

I have to say I do find the whole "Black Friday" thing amusing when applied over here.  Surely it's all about retailers in the US finding that the Friday and the weekend following Thanksgiving has always been dire for sales, hence they call it Black Friday, and it's a way of generating much-needed cash-flow in that period.  That doesn't apply over here, but I guess it's still an excuse to get cash-flow up.

And I have to confess, I did buy and Epiphone EJ-45 (Epiphone version of a J-45) for my son's Xmas present because it was at a fairly knock-down price.  It's a really nice guitar, so I feel quite good, and it was on Amazon so I didn't have to fight anyone for it!

Now, I would be interested in having a day off to eat turkey for no particular reason .....